Summer has arrived and the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and love is in the air. For nearlyweds, summer can be the perfect time to spend quality time together and celebrate their love with a romantic date night. Whether you’re searching for ideas to plan a special night for you and your partner or suggestions to recommend to friends, here are ten creative summer date night ideas for a romantic evening.
1. Picnic in the Park – Pack up a basket of snacks, drinks, and a blanket and head to your nearest park for a romantic picnic. It can be a fun, intimate way to get to know each other better or reconnect after a long day apart.
2. Stargazing – Grab a blanket and some pillows and stargaze under the beautiful night sky. You could even snuggle up together in a hammock or take a midnight kayak ride to enjoy the stars from a different perspective.
3. Go to an Outdoor Movie Theater – Summer is the perfect time to enjoy outdoor movies. There are outdoor theaters popping up all over the country with comfy seating, great food options, and a wonderful atmosphere. If you can’t find one near you, set up the projector and screen in your backyard to make it happen.
4. Take a Cooking Class Together – Making dinner together can be a great way to bond and learn something new. Look into a cooking class or even a fondue night where you can get creative and have fun.
5. Have a Campfire – Enjoy the night away by the campfire with some s’mores, music, and conversation. You could even have a small campfire in your backyard with a few chairs and citronella candles as decoration.
6. Visit an Amusement Park – Spend the day visiting your favorite amusement park. Rides, fair food, games, and carousels can make for a fun date night.
7. Visit a Farmers Market – Check out your local farmers market and grab some freshly picked vegetables, fruit, and homemade treats. You could even stop at the food trucks for a bite to eat or grab a smoothie.
8. Have a Beach Day – Pack up a cooler, blanket, and towels, and spend the day relaxing at the beach. Play beach volleyball, go for a swim, or just lay in the sun and enjoy each other’s company.
9. Go Wine Tasting – Wine tasting can be a perfect night out for couples. Check out local vineyards or find a wine club to join for a fun night of learning about different wines.
10. Take a Road Trip – Whether it’s a day trip or a weekend getaway, coming up with a destination, packing a bag, and hitting the road can be a fun adventure for the both of you.
No matter what activity you decide to do for your summer date night, make sure to take lots of pictures and take some time to just enjoy each other’s company. Summer is a great time to start making special memories of your new marital life, so get out there and have some fun!