When most people think of a wedding, they think of a lavish event that takes place in the summer months. However, summer weddings have the potential to be so much more. With a few simple changes and a bit of creativity, you can create a stunning and unique summer wedding that no one will ever forget. Here are 10 tips to help you have the perfect (for you) summer wedding.
1. Choose a Unique Venue: One of the most important elements of creating a unique summer wedding is choosing the right venue. Instead of a traditional banquet hall or church, consider something a little more out of the ordinary such as a beach, garden, or even a boat. Some of your favourite places might be totally into hosting your wedding, if you don't ask, you don't get. Think outside of the box!
2. Incorporate Themed Decor: Themed decor is a great way to give your wedding a unique and creative touch. For a summer wedding, consider adding things like parasols, dreamy outdoor lighting for those warm summer nights and tropical greens.
3. Go Bright for Your Colour Scheme: Choosing a summer colour scheme is key to creating a cohesive, cheerful and summery look for your wedding. Look for brighter colours that will pop in the sunshine. Don't forget to add a strong neutral to tie all the details together.
4. Get Creative with Stationary: When it comes to wedding stationary, don't be afraid to get creative. You can use bright colours, beachy images, and even creative fonts to give your stationary a unique look.
5. Add a Bit of Nature: Nature is the perfect touch for a summer wedding. Consider adding floral bouquets, wreaths, and potted plants to the venue for a touch of natural beauty.
6. Add Fun Foods: Serve up summer themed foods at your wedding, such as strawberry shortcake, ice cream sundaes, and fruit skewers. This is a sure way to bring some fun and whimsy to your wedding. Late night BBQ or food trucks are so fun too!
7. Keep Guests Cool: When it comes to a summer wedding, you'll want to make sure your guests stay cool and comfortable. Consider having fans on-hand or providing parasols or sun hats for guests to use. Don't forget some bug spray for the evening and some SPF for yourself and your guests
8. Add Some Entertainment: Entertainment is always a great way to keep your guests engaged at a wedding. Consider hiring a live band, a dance instructor, or even a juggler to keep everyone entertained.
9. Make it a Photo Op: Take advantage of your unique wedding setting by adding a few fun photo ops for guests. This could include a vintage photobooth, a life-size cut out of the bride and groom, or even an ice cream stand.
10. Get Creative with Favours: Send your guests off with something special. Consider giving out personalized sunglasses, beach towels, or even mini potted plants.
By implementing these ten tips, you can create a stunning and unique summer wedding that your guests will never forget. With a bit of creativity you can plan the perfect summer wedding that is sure to make for a memorable day.
Looking for even more inspo? Follow us on Instagram!